Costco (Tallahassee store only)
Commodity: Warehouse wholesale consumer products Excluding alcohol and tobacco.
Supplier for Wholesale Products – Food/Grocery Items
|The company's first location, opened in 1976 under the Price Club name, was in a converted airplane hangar on Morena Boulevard in San Diego. Originally serving only small businesses, the company found it could achieve far greater buying clout by also serving a selected audience of non-business members. With that change, the growth of the warehouse club industry was off and running. In 1983, the first Costco warehouse location was opened in Seattle. Costco became the first company ever to grow from zero to $3 billion in sales in less than six years. When Costco and Price Club merged in 1993, the combined company, operating under the name PriceCostco, had 206 locations generating $16 billion in annual sales.|
How To Purchase
FSU faculty/staff issued P-Cards (VISA) is the only acceptable method for purchasing of goods for university related activities. Note procedure below in special notes.
|Costco Account Executive||FSU Procurement Specialist|
|Ask for Store Manager or
Non-Contract supplier – All Procurement guidelines must be followed. Costco purchases should not be used to circumvent contract suppliers already in place. Pcard use at Costco is for departmental purchases only and not for personal use.
The In-Store Costco Purchase Order Program currently offered at the Tallahassee Costco location ends April 30, 2018. Starting May 1, 2018 departmental purchases can be made using an FSU issued procurement card (Pcard). NOTE: All Pcard policies and restrictions will apply to all transactions at Costco. Current Pcard guidelines and list of prohibited items can be found at https://procurement.fsu.edu/how/buy/p-card . All questions related to the FSU Pcard, Pcard guidelines or the use of the Pcard at Costco should be directed to FSU Procurement Services.
Term: 4/24/2018 - Present
Delivery Terms: Departmental pick up.
Return Policy: When an item must be returned to Costco, please have authorized staff/employee return item to the refunds department for a full refund.
- Present a copy of the original receipt to Costco
- Costco will then note the credit against your employee issued Pcard and provide a credit receipt.
- Provide a copy of the credit receipt to the department Pcard Proxy.
- FSU has established a Costco University membership; You do NOT need to purchase a membership to make FSU Departmental purchases: Costco will allow departments to shop at the local Tallahassee store by displaying your current FSU employee ID Card to the greeter at the door and indicating you are shopping on behalf of FSU. You may then proceed into the store to shop.
- FSU is sales tax exempt and FSU’s tax exempt certificate is on file with Costco, so please confirm sales tax isn’t charged.
- In-Store Purchases: P-Cards can be used for in-store purchases by following these steps.
- Inform the greater you're an FSU employee when showing your FSU ID Card to enter the door.
- Proceed to complete your shopping.
- At checkout, present your FSU employee ID Card. The cashier will call customer service to validate your employee ID and enter the FSU Costco Membership Account Number (111880996347) for your purchase.
- Use your FSU issued Pcard for payment.
- Be sure sales tax isn’t charged.
- Obtain a receipt for your purchase and bring back to your Pcard Proxy for reconciliation.
- Online Purchases:
- You must pay using your FSU issued Pcard.
- Use the FSU Costco Membership Account Number (111880996347).
- For the origin address, use 4067 Lagniappe Way, Tallahassee, FL 32317-1201
- Use the appropriate FSU ship to address for your delivery.
- Shipping/freight may be at a cost to the department.
- Pricing: Priced at time of order (call the store, go to the store or check the Costco website).