The New SpearMart is Now Here….
The new SpearMart is now LIVE. All requisition and purchase order related activities (excluding receiving, invoicing/payments, and internal purchase orders) are no longer available in OMNI. SpearMart is now your one-stop shop for all procurement activity. SpearMart enhancements include:
- Utilizing paperless procurement forms built into the requisition process
- Adding comments and attachments to requisitions
- Easily creating split distributions
- Approving requisitions directly from your email
- Managing your own ship-to addresses, default chart fields and much, much more…
You can access SpearMart through the MyFSU Portal. If you are interested in SpearMart Training, you can register through OMNI HR for the online self-paced course by following these steps:.
Log into myFSU> Enter your user ID and password>HR>Self Service>Learning and Development>Request Training Enrollment>Search by Course Name. Enter the course name (SpearMart) and follow the prompts to complete the registration.
So why did we do this you might ask? The simple answer is that we wanted to create a more cohesive user experience and deliver greater efficiency to FSU’s procurement processes. The primary goals of the SpearMart Enhancement Project included:
- Creating a “One Stop Shop” for all procurement activity
- Streamlining the Source to Purchase Order process
- Standardizing requisition/form workflow and approvals
- Facilitating paperless transaction processing
- Reducing and simplifying the procurement channels available to campus
- Enhancing process efficiency and increasing responsiveness
- Delivering outstanding customer service
Procurement Services hosted its first project focus group on Oct 11-12th, 2016 with a cross-section of requesters and approvers from a variety of departments across campus. The feedback on the new system and processes were overwhelmingly positive. Some of the new functionality that received the most praise included:
- The clean relaxing page view/user friendliness of the system
- The ability to
- add attachments to requisitions
- use the comments feature to communicate with requesters/approvers and Procurement Services
- easily split fund purchases
- send automated reminders to approvers
- easily view and approve requisitions from your email and/or via an app on your mobile device
- manage ship to addresses more effectively
- leverage online forms vs. paper based forms
We are planning to implement a number of improvements to the requisition approval process to drive greater efficiency. One of the key changes will be that only purchases made on a hosted or punchout catalog greater than $2,500 will require departmental approval. All non-catalog purchases (aka special requests) regardless of $ amount will require departmental approval. Additional approvals such as Capital, Project, Sponsored Research, etc. will still apply regardless of $ amount.
See FAQs for clarification on the new $2500 department workflow approval step.